I'm a selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

-Marilyn Monroe

Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year!


I have been missing in action since September it looks. I would like to report that I delivered my son on 10-11. He is healthy, and absolutely perfect. My son is the love of my life. I adore him. When someone says you don’t know love until you have a child it is true. How many people’s butt’s have you wiped lately? Go ahead and tabulate, I’ll wait.  
I hope everyone enjoyed Halloween! I actually was very excited. I spent it at home and was giving out candy bars to the awesome trick-or-treaters.  I had more than any year previously.
            Thanksgiving was a blessing. I was able to spend it with family and friends and having my healthy little boy was icing on the cake. This time of year always makes me count my blessings.
            Christmas was hectic indeed. I was trying to balance applying for the college of my dream, being a mommy, writing, Christmas shopping, cleaning, decorating, and taking care of my pups. Let’s say I was frazzled before Christmas morning. It was great though. Santa came for my son and he slept through the whole thing. I have a sleepy baby. He has been sleeping for about 6 hours a night for a couple of weeks by this point.
            New Years, we spent with my family. Again, I am very blessed to have my family and friends. I am blessed my doctor didn’t give up and I now have my son. He means the world to me. It’s now 2014 and I still suck at blogging on the regular. It is actually my New Year’s resolution along with the standby of losing weight. I have been hard at work being a mommy to my son, and taking care of my house. I recently was featured by The Tacoma News Tribune and emailed my book information to over fifteen thousand people, and my book was actually featured in an ad in the paper. It was pretty cool to see and know so many people could see it too! I think I may do this again eventually.
            In 2014 I am going to try to bring you 2-3 new books at least. I am about eleven-thousand in on two different books, The Deadliest Game, and Demonically Yours (book one of The Demon Wars Series). If I can get them done I may try for a third. My first priority is my son though. He dictates my schedule, but I am very lucky to have the family support that I do.  I hope that this blog finds everyone in good spirits and brings you good news! I won’t be releasing any teasers or the covers until closer to the release date. I want to keep you all guessing.

Keep reading, remember to write reviews, and of course recommend The Deadliest Secret to your friends! 
XOXO,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment